Institute for DECODE: Digital Enhancement of COgnitive DEvelopment
Institute for Digital Enhancement of Cognitive Development
Participating Researchers (in alphabetic order of family names)
Laurence ANTHONY, Associate Professor at Faculty of Science and Engineering
Katsuhiko KAKEHI, Professor at Faculty of Science and Engineering
Mafuyu KITAHARA, Associate Professor at Faculty of Law
Noriaki KUSUMOTO, Associate Professor at Faculty of Education and Integrated Arts and Sciences
Toru HANDA, Teacher, Waseda University Honjo High School
Yasunari HARADA, Professor at Faculty of Law
Joji MAENO, Visiting Assistant Professor at Meida Network Center
Akira MORITA, Professor at Faculty of Commerce
Michiko NAKANO, Professor at Faculty of Education and Integrated Arts and Sciences
Yoshinori SAGISAKA, Professor at GITS
Katsuhiko SHIRAI, Professor at Faculty of Science and Engineering
Glenn STOCKWELL, Associate Professor at Faculty of Law
Takahiro TACHIBANA, Teacher, Waseda University High School
Takenobu TAKIZAWA, Professor at School of Political Science and Economics
Yoshiyori URANO, Professor at Graduate School of Global Information and Telecommunications Studies
Katsuko NAKAHIRA, Research Fellow, Nagaoka University of Science and Technology
Takeo TATSUMI, Associate Professor at Tokyo Univesity of Agriculture and Mining
Institute for DECODE aims to tackle eveyday problems concerning utilization of computers and networks in education and learning in collabration with ICT experts, private and public sectors in the field and teachers and stuff of various educational institutions from learners points of view.
Institute for DECODE focuses its attention in the following research agenda concerning language e-learning.
- field testing of automated speaking/listening test of English and profiling of English learners based on its scores
- development and validation of automated speaking/listening test of Japanese and large-scale survay of Japanese language learning based on its scores
- compilation of non-native learner corpus of English and Japanese
- research on utilization and mining of learning history embedded in e-learning environments such as WBT (web-based training) and/or CBT (computer-based testing) systems
- matching between text readability and reader proficiency
- research and development on collaborative learning utilizing the Internet
Copyright © 2001-2006 Institute for Digital Enhancement of Cognitive Development, Waseda University. All rights reserved.
First drafted in Japanese December, 2001. Last revised March 15th, 2006.